Home Article Features Ecosystem  Small Business in India

Small Business in India

The next big thing

Tags: Small Business

BY Ritu Marya  |  Feb 15, 2010 comments ( 88 ) |

Today 95 per cent country’s industrial units come under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). This sector has around 128.44 units (provisional 2006-07), registering a growth of 4.1 per cent annually are producing thousands of products. The value of production at current prices is estimated to have increased by 17.9 per cent to Rs. 587,196 crores and the employment is estimated to have increased to 312.52 lakh persons.

The GDP of the country is 8 per cent and the share of small sector to the global economy is an undisputed aspect. According to UNIDO estimates SMEs comprise more than 90 per cent of all enterprises in the world and are on an average responsible for 80 to 90% percent of total employment. In the entire Asia Pacfic, more than 95% of companies are in SME sector, Japan 99%; Singapore 99.7 per cent, Malaysia 96 per cent etc. Similarly in the US 97 per cent firms are in small sector.

Today there is a void of adequate Business resources for small business much more so when they contribute 35% to national income while corporate contributes 15% to national income, there has been no dedicated matter created to focus on the needs of small business.

Small Business Is Big Business

Small Businesses are the largest contributor to any economy of the world. An estimated 25.5 million small businesses in U.S. represent about half of its output; employ about half of the private sector work force(Small businesses represent more than 99 percent of all employers in U.S.), fill niche markets, increase competition, and generate a majority of American innovations.

The growing perceptive image of India as a large industrial hub sometimes Overshadows the valuable contributions that small businesses make. Small Business sector in India, still trying to match its developed counterparts is one of the most vital sectors of the Indian Economy in terms of employment generation, the strong entrepreneurial base it has.

Today the Government’s concern for the well being of small retailers losing their existence in the wake of organized retail happening in India is not ill-founded as the joy that small businesses bring to the world is what makes day to day living worthwhile.

Entrepreneurship in India

With a population of 1108 million people at present to 1269 million by 2016, the economy is booming with the proliferation of entrepreneurial opportunities and free enterprise. With the 1991 reforms there emerged a new India, an India of new ideas and vision for its future. This India was a hub of business possibilities and innovation. There were technocrats, IT professionals, educated and not so educated but enterprising people all waiting to venture in to the new market arena. Thus was born the new India

India’s projected economic prosperity is likely to be spearheaded by a real GDP growth of 8-9 per cent with a possible annual per capita income of Rs. 50,000 by 2012. This macro growth would entail significant sub trends like a increase in high-income households, led primarily by urban India.

Between 2005-06 and 2013-14, the number of households with annual income greater than Rs. 12 lakh will grow nearly fourfold. Within this band, there are 3.4 million households with an income in excess of Rs 24 lakh at 2005-06 prices. This segment is likely to include more than 15 million people, greater than the population of Denmark, Finland and Ireland put together.

Please add your comment

mahavir jadeja

May 27, 2014 at 11:01 pm

I want to start business capacity 1lakh to 2 lakh in rajkot Gujarat so please give some ideas...

Thanuprakash

July 29, 2013 at 1:06 am

I want a idea for doing business in nagercoil. my capital investment is 4 to 5 lakhs can u pls suggest me and give me a idea

SUNIL KUMAR

May 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Please send details of small scale business in Ranchi Jhrakhand State. Also send details of C& F Business opportunity of Medicine in ranchi.

small business in Siliguri

May 14, 2013 at 9:56 am

Hello, I am Pratima and would like to start a small business in Siliguri, please suggest me what to do? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Regards Pratima

Reply |

I want to know more about small business investment

April 27, 2013 at 10:40 am

I want to know more about small business investment in detail like, how much to invest and how much profit it will come.

k.krishnareddy

February 10, 2013 at 10:21 pm

hi every one, i am from warangal i completed my MBA then i worked for different organisations. now i want to start my own small scale industry below 10-20 lakhs. so please i need, suugessions, ideas and support.

kumar

January 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I am kumar From MAXITRIX Lifescience , We are three peoples started our own business like Drugs/medicine manufacturing and marketing. We have lot of general medicines in our own brands (23 products), but we want peoples who has interested to do medicines marketing. we are ready to give medicines for Superstockist rate (75% gain) for all over India. , you can allot stockist, dealer, retailer....

Santhosh Kumar

December 09, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Hi Geeta, Even i am in a similar idea. But was vague where and how to start. I live in chennai.

Irshad

December 08, 2012 at 7:47 pm

sir, i belong from a village and I have degree in computer, i want to start a small business within 4-5 lac .pls suggest me .

pramod

September 10, 2012 at 9:42 pm

i am DME having 6yrs exp. & want start small scale business within 3-4lacs in pune.\r\npl. suggest.

vinay mishra

September 02, 2012 at 1:52 pm

i wanna start small scale busines , capital should be 4-5 lacs....plz suggest me!

rahul

August 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm

chetan chawla

September 06, 2011 at 12:48 pm

i am interested in starting a small scale business in Chennai, plz do provide me any business opportunity and investment upto 10-20 lacs

anup adhikari

August 31, 2011 at 11:08 am

i want distributorship of fmcg food products.I can ensure good sale and marketing of the product. i can make only a small investment.

Manish Todariya

August 30, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I want all detail small business and how to choose my dream come true.plz send to small industry full detail.

VEER

August 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I WANT MORE INFORMATION THAT HOW WE START OUR SMALL BUSINESS AND HOW I CHOoSE WHAT IS BEST

BKSHARMA

August 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

looking foeward to startup own web based business with minimum investment anyone who can help me out to understand the current market or want to join up plz do reply .. looking forward for the positive response

ahmed sirajuddin

July 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm

i am looking to set up small business in Hyderabad. can u please send some business ideas and suggestion

Udaya Bhaskar.M

July 29, 2011 at 2:15 am

Kedar

July 28, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Looking for a business opportunity. Having a central space in kolhapur(Maharashtra) city.

VIJAY ANAND

July 26, 2011 at 12:36 pm

PIS GIVE ME THE DETAILS OF BUSINESS

yudhisthir vyas

July 11, 2011 at 5:22 am

plz give me some types of business details, about ruler area level business,( 3 to 5 lakh)

Sourav Karnani

July 10, 2011 at 3:56 am

Hsllo Sir, At present i am in edible oil business in Siliguri(WB),i want to divert my line to some franchise type of business. Please suggest.

Dinesh

July 07, 2011 at 10:33 pm

pls provide me further more details on this.

a.vinodraj

July 02, 2011 at 10:21 am

HELLO I AM VINOD RAJ I WANT TO KNOW THE SMALL BUSINESS Opportunity, INVESTMENT AND PROFIT DETAILS IN BRIEF

suresh kumar sharma

June 27, 2011 at 1:19 am

i am interested in small business in hooghly (bhadreswar) in west bengal with investment upto 10 lacs.please suggest me what should i do for good return.

pankaj jain

June 21, 2011 at 6:56 am

sir i am interesting in small scale industries so pls do provide me any business opportunity. mob 9887029152

Chinmay A Sawant

June 07, 2011 at 8:35 am

I want to start a mobile shop in mumbai,looking for franchise,could you suggest me how much investment is required for this business.plz contact

Rahul Baviskar

June 05, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I am interested in starting small business in Mumbai or Pune (India. Please do contact me for any business opportunity. mob 9321136777

balaji ramachandran

June 01, 2011 at 2:02 am

i am interested in starting a small scale business in Chennai, plz do provide me any business opportunity.

ganesh ghuge

April 19, 2011 at 12:59 am

Interested in franchise for day to day used product of people. Have shop in virar so pls. suggest us the business

santwana jauhari

April 17, 2011 at 9:27 am

Looking for a small scale business in Lucknow, all suggestions are invited

Geethasri

April 13, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Looking for a enegetic partner who is really passionate about business. Planning to start a small scale business in food sector. People interested and having similar ideas who can invest upto 1 lakh along with me can contact.

yogesh

April 07, 2011 at 1:04 am

want to start a small business with small investment in computer repair in delhi. pl contact

aasif khan

April 01, 2011 at 10:24 am

sir i am looking for small business all types. My current job in space selling print media. please suggest and provide me best franchise opportunities of small investment

rajan mani

March 18, 2011 at 7:11 am

want to become business tycoon

Murali Mohan Dondapati

February 26, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Hi sir, I am looking for small agricultural base business in my home town, can you pls suggest me how i can start my process towards it. Thanks, Murali Dondapati

Bhanu Prasad

February 24, 2011 at 4:13 am

Hello, I am looking to setup a small business at my home town. Could you please suggest me some business ideas. contact member@franchiseindia.com

shaila more

February 24, 2011 at 4:04 am

i am interested in starting small business in mumbai (mira rd) or nearby area pleae contact me for any type of business opportunity i have own space in mira road and can invest upto 5 lac rs. contact member@franchiseindia.com

Rashmi Ranjan Dash

February 19, 2011 at 10:18 am

Want to start a business with a capital investment of Rs 10lakhs in Bhubaneswar, capital of Orissa state.Kindly suggest me some ideas like medicine c&f/stockist, c&f of FMCG product and likewise. contact member@franchiseindia.com

sheikh.mohd

February 09, 2011 at 5:41 am

I am interested in starting small business in Hyderabad india or nearby area (India. Please contact me for any business opportunity.We have own space in Hyderabad city we believe in honestly and hard work. contact member@franchiseindia.com

GANESH KALE

February 04, 2011 at 8:44 am

I want to start business related to computer education what should i do. I can investupto 1 lakhs contact member@franchiseindia.com

Tarun Aggarwal

January 26, 2011 at 12:06 am

I am interested in business. I am looking for a Perfect Franchise from a Company. Please let me know find my way.contact member@franchiseindia.com

amit sood

January 24, 2011 at 3:53 am

I am interested in starting small business in Himachal Pradesh India. Please do contact me for any business opportunity. contact member@franchiseindia.com

Dinesh Thakkar

January 22, 2011 at 1:25 am

I m looking for business which will help me to grow up in life. contact member@franchiseindia.com

kamal

January 22, 2011 at 12:30 am

Sir, I want to start a small business (capital 1-2 lacs excluding land) in Delhi with my partner who has already established his own business (took franchise of share trading )in share market and we both are interested in food & beverage based business. Please advise. contact member@franchiseindia.com

ALDRIN

January 21, 2011 at 2:51 am

i am looking for business which will help me to grow up in life.Please guide me Location: Nagercoil in Tamil Nadu. contact member@franchiseindia.com

zohaib khan

January 20, 2011 at 6:51 am

hi sir i am searching for a small business. can u please suggest me for my future. Zohaib Khan (BhopalMP )contact member@franchiseindia.com

Raj

January 19, 2011 at 5:33 am

Hi. My name is Raj.Can someone please help me to incorporate a small business like this? And also do I need my business license first?Send details. contact member@franchiseindia.com

amita

January 18, 2011 at 4:08 am

i want to start a small business with small investment in Lucknow. contact member@franchiseindia.com

amar

January 17, 2011 at 11:45 am

hi i am Amar from Indore i want to start my one small business in Indore please provide me details for this. Also i want to know about dairy farm project.contact member@franchiseindia.com

Arulkumar

January 14, 2011 at 12:55 am

Looking for a business to Start up in life.pls give ur feed back.Location-Coimbatore TamilNadu contact member@franchiseindia.com

prasant yadav

January 12, 2011 at 12:29 am

mam i very much willing to start my own business n have some land which i can use for it..do contact if u can help me with some ideas. contact member@franchiseindia.com

Mukesh Jain

January 10, 2011 at 4:41 am

I am looking for cash counter business in kolhapur district. contact member@franchiseindia.com

sandhys

January 06, 2011 at 12:53 am

I am interested in starting small business in educational field or food industry in Hyderabad.Andhra Pradesh India.Contact me for any business opportunity. contact member@franchiseindia.com

AMIT VERMA

January 05, 2011 at 4:35 am

I WANT START A SMALL BUSINESS IN SMALL INVESTMENT UP TO 2LACKS IN JAMSHEDPUR IN JHARKHAND STATE.

priyanka

January 04, 2011 at 12:14 am

i want to start a business with investment capacity 1 lakh. contact member@franchiseindia.com

prasad

January 02, 2011 at 4:29 am

I want to do small investment in any good business in South India as a sleeping partner with reasonable returns. Kindly advice. contact member@franchiseindia.com

mohammad zubair khan

January 01, 2011 at 11:30 am

i am looking for a small scale business but i cant focus on the right way and i am scared a lot. Keep following the website to gain more knowledge

praveen

December 30, 2010 at 8:13 am

i want to start a business in India preferably in Tamil Nadu. contact member@franchiseindia.com

sahan

December 30, 2010 at 3:15 am

Dear sir i am interested in small business in guwahati( Assam)with a small investment. contact member@franchiseindia.com

raghu

December 29, 2010 at 11:40 pm

IAM LOOKING FOR GOOD PROFITABLE RETAIL BUSINESS IN BANGALORE. contact member@franchiseindia.com

kathir vijay

December 28, 2010 at 7:54 am

kindly guide me to start small scale business, as well how to get foreign franchises contracts?

sharin javed

December 27, 2010 at 3:04 am

i have started my new embroidery business so pls give me opinion how to imp n expand my business. contact member@franchiseindia.com

ANIL KUMAR

December 25, 2010 at 7:26 am

looking for a small business investment 10 lakh in andhra pradesh contact member@franchiseindia.com

Ravi Bhardwaj

December 20, 2010 at 5:46 am

Looking to set up small business with potential investment of 5 lakh.

Janakiraman

December 16, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I am interested in business. I have good idea in Computers Hardware, Peripherals and Trouble shooting PC Errors. I am looking for a Perfect Franchise from a Company. Please let me know to find a way... contact member@franchiseindia.com

vijay solanki

December 11, 2010 at 10:16 pm

i am interested in starting small business. Already I am in garment field for men and women, investment capacity up to 5 lacs, preferably in Chennai or near by Chennai.please do contact me for opportunity. contact member@franchiseindia.com

dinesh singh

December 06, 2010 at 12:03 am

i am interested in starting small business in New Delhi.(India .please do contact me for good business opportunity ) contact member@franchiseindia.com

Pradeep Aggarwal

December 03, 2010 at 12:57 am

I am interested in starting small/mfg. business near Delhi (Ghaziabad / Meerut / Muzaffarnagar) India. Please do contact me for any business opportunity.

narender

November 27, 2010 at 4:45 am

Interested in small business in Hyderabad contact member@franchiseindia.com

irfan

November 27, 2010 at 2:30 am

Hi Looking for New Business , or Distributorship , in my city contact member@franchiseindia.com

Gopal Krishan

November 16, 2010 at 2:41 am

I am interested in a suitable small business in India,preferably in Rajasthan.contact member@franchiseindia.com

JITESH MISTRY

November 16, 2010 at 1:36 am

I am searching for monopoly commodity product to start a side business in which family people can also help and putting the effort on the same.Contact member@franchiseindia.com

sunita barns

August 26, 2010 at 9:06 am

i am interested in a suitable small business in india,preferably in tamil nadu.

Amogh Nadkarni

May 07, 2010 at 5:58 am

vaibhav nikam

May 06, 2010 at 9:20 am

looking for a small business investment 1 lakh in kolhapur.

rajendra baliga

April 26, 2010 at 5:50 am

looking for a business to grow up in life.pls give ur feed back.location-mangalore,karnataka.

haresh

April 25, 2010 at 5:45 am

looking for small scale business ,with low budget:virar west

Prafulla Kumar Sahoo

April 14, 2010 at 10:07 am

I m looking for business which will help me to grow up in life.Please guide me .Location -Orissa

HITENDER SINGH

March 06, 2010 at 1:40 am

I wants to starts my business,investment capacity upto 1 lakh in khanna punjab

niraj kumar

March 04, 2010 at 6:28 am

like to start a business ,investment capacity upto 5 lacs,in ranchi jharkhand.

SHRIKANT SUBRAMANIAM

March 03, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I m looking for business which will help me to grow up in life.Please guide me

kamal nagar

March 02, 2010 at 4:14 am

looking for business which help me to grow up in life .please do contact me

shital jha

March 02, 2010 at 2:41 am

RAMAN

February 20, 2010 at 12:53 pm

LOOKING FOR A SMALL SCALE BUSINESS......

s.chandhan

February 18, 2010 at 11:00 am

looking for business which help me to grow up in life .please do contact me

Shailendra Rajput

February 17, 2010 at 7:31 am

Looking forward for a side business (small business) . Have 2 commercial shops loc : virar west .

Rating
Not readable? Change text.
Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)
  Notify me of followup comments via e-mail   Subscribe for daily newsletter